4.16.2014

Kate Mulgrew NOT, in fact, a believer in geocentrism

So a small controversy erupted over the fact that Kate Mulgrew did a voice-over narration for a movie called The Principle, which promotes the thoroughly disproven idea that everything in the solar system revolves around the Earth. Yes, there are people who still think that. Fortunately, Mulgrew is not one of them. She posted a message on her Facebook fanpage about it on April 8th:

"I understand there has been some controversy about my participation in a documentary called THE PRINCIPLE. Let me assure everyone that I completely agree with the eminent physicist Lawrence Krauss, who was himself misrepresented in the film, and who has written a succinct rebuttal in SLATE. I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism. More importantly, I do not subscribe to anything Robert Sungenis has written regarding science and history and, had I known of his involvement, would most certainly have avoided this documentary. I was a voice for hire, and a misinformed one, at that. I apologize for any confusion that my voice on this trailer may have caused. Kate Mulgrew"
I'm glad she spoke out because Robert Sungenis is a terrible excuse for a human being and I shudder to think that there are people who do associate with him. The guy is a Holocaust denier who actually claims that no one has proven that the Holocaust even happened, so just ignore the death camps, I guess. He also thinks Jews are plotting to "put Satan in control of the world" and that Israel assassinated John F. Kennedy, amongst other things. This guy is so extreme, the Catholic Church made him remove the world "Catholic" from a website he runs.

I still can't believe that people like that still exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...