1.25.2013

A little Galactica reading

Battlestar Wiki.
I mentioned this in another post weeks ago that I found a copy of an Classic Battlestar Galactica novel at a Goodwill and I started reading it today. The book, written by Robert Thurston is an novelization of Saga of a Star World, the pilot for the TV show. I'm not that far into, but its interesting so far. Apollo and his brother, Zac are checking out the moon (Cimtar) of a dead planet and find an old Cyclon tanker vessel floating near it. Well, well, well, I think I know what happens next.

Something that caught my interest about the book is that my copy as a "Special Edition" mark on the cover. I mentioned it in the comments over on Christopher Mills' excellent Space1970 and he thinks it was a book club thing.

I'll admit that I've only watched bits and pieces of the original series and preferred Ronald Moore's series more, but I might have to change my opinion if this book turns out to be as good as it looks to be.

I'm not touching Galactica 1980, though.

1 comment:

  1. I've read that too. It's actually not bad for what it is. As for the original BSG series, the film/mini-series was quite entertaining, the rest of the series suffered from two things: budgetary limitations constraining what they could show; writers who were constrained by the limitations imposed on them by the studio.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...