9.17.2022

Incoming transmission

Ah yes, it is I, the dude who...hasn't posted here in over a year. Yikes. Sorry about that. You know how it is: one second, you're traveling the space lanes, the next, you're trying to put a hyperdrive back together using Bazooka bubblegum and a bootleg Red Dwarf box set.

But in all seriousness, life just got in the way and my interest in blogging waned. On the plus side, my reading has never been better. This year alone, I've read 12 SF novels and novellas. I plan on doing summaries of all the books I've read this year and last, so look for those soon.

Currently I'm reading Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky and while I've enjoyed what I've read of it so far, I think I might backburner it for a while because I don't think I'm quite in the mood or mindset at present to read it properly. Having said that, holy shit, it is good so far. I can easily and clearly understand the hype surrounding it and it is well deserved. I'm also re-reading Cordelia's Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold as part of a renewed effort to read the Vorkosigan series. I loved the first several books I had read, but couldn't tell you why I just up and stopped reading them a couple of years ago.

Other than the above, my plans for the rest of the year involves reading more military SF and tryout some new authors I've discovered on Goodreads.

Oh yeah, I'm on Goodreads now.

1 comment:

  1. I've just clicked the let's be friends button on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...