8.23.2024

What I've been reading

Ahoy hoy, I'm not dead despite the best efforts of space pirates, alien assassins, and murderous sexbots. I'm going to *try* to get back into posting here, but it'll be a slow process. But anyways, I thought I'd give a brief rundown of the various books and series that I've read lately.

Backyard Starship by J.N. Chaney and Terry Maggert: I've been having a blast listening to this series (read by Jeffrey Kafer) since I signed up for Audible. As a rule, I'm usually hesitant to spend my credits, but that's never been the case with this series. I plan on doing a longer post about it later on, but suffice to say that I would recommend it to anybody who wants a fun SF adventure with plenty of banter, action, and excitement.

Starship's Mage by Glynn Stewart: Another series I discovered on Audible (also read by Kafer). Like Backyard Starship, this will also be getting it's own separate post. I would recommend this for those who like Star Wars. This isn't a straight up science fantasy space opera like SW, but it has magic, starships, and definitely scratches an itch if you like that sort of thing.

Linesman series by S.K. Dunstall: This was a pretty okay trilogy that I listened to at work. My chief complaint is that it should have been longer than a trilogy because it left too much unfinished.

Beyond these, there's various standalones and series that I've just started and plan on continuing:

Gods, Monsters, and the Lucky Peach by Kelly Robson.

Planetside by Michael Mammay.

Helldivers by Nicholas Sansbury Smith (this has nothing to do with the Helldivers games).

Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir.

Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky.

I'll try and do posts about some of the above and others as time and memory permits. But hey, at least I have fodder to bring this blog back to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...