7.22.2013

Cha-cha-cha-changes

Recently, I've been dwelling on what to do with this blog after steadily losing interest in science fiction, so after much thought and deliberation, I've finally decided that I'm going to convert this blog over to my newfound passions: Korean pop music, My Little Pony, and Taylor Swift! I hope you all stick around and enjoy future posts as much as I will.










Haha, I'm just jerking your chains. God, can you even imagine? Hey, what's with...okay guys, put the pitchforks and torches away.

In any event, I am going to be making some changes to this blog. I'm still going to post about science fiction, because that shit is awesome, but my interest in science and technology is being renewed and so I plan on posting about that stuff too. I may not fully grok it, but I still dig it. I'll also be giving my thoughts on the future of the human race: space travel, colonization, cybernetics, etc. Another thing you'll be seeing on here is retro technology. Over the past few days, I've been getting more and more interested in technology of the 60s, 70s, and 80s, as well as the scientific and technological culture that existed back then, so don't be surprised if you see geeking out over old electronic calculators, computers, and whatnot.

Now for what is easily the biggest potential change, a new name. I've never been a big fan of the Rayguns and Space Suits name, I only chose it because I didn't think this blog would be around a year and a half later. Plus, I want a name that reflects my interest in science fiction, as well as all of the stuff I mentioned in the above paragraph. Unfortunately, I can't think of a new name, so I'm opening the floor up for suggestions. Otherwise, I might just leave the name be.

3 comments:

  1. So no song mash ups like 'Gundam Style'? ;)

    Sounds good- I enjoy the hard & theoretical science, it's the inspiration for most science fiction anyway.

    For a blog name, how about 'The Airlock'? Has the suggestion of portal to unknown, the nexus point between your environment and what is beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a website called Airlock Alpha, so that's a bit too similar. The only name I can come up with is Brave New Worlds.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...