8.25.2012

Farewell, Neil Armstrong


As you might be hearing right now, Neil Armstrong has died. He was 82. He was also a hero. I don't mean an American hero, but a hero of mankind. When he set foot on the surface of the Moon, it wasn't as an American, it was as a human and for the benefit of his species. His family summed up the best way to remember and pay tribute to Armstrong:
For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.
I'm not going to lie, as soon as I found out that he died, I had tears in my eyes. Losing a hero is hard. I'm going to be very disappointed if there isn't a statue erected in his honor. Maybe rename Johnson Space Center to Armstrong Space Center?

Farewell, Mr. Armstrong.

Picture via Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...